Pies place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads

5 posters

Go down

You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads Empty You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads

Post by Pielikey Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Steam Sale week came and went and now I have a bunch of games I still haven't worked my way through yet.

Here's a few mini reviews of all of them:

F1 2010
[Finding a picture of this game is proving more difficult than I wish it was so pretend there's a picture here okay]

+Absurd attention to detail

F1 fans are really, really hard to please when it comes to racing games. Codemasters has acknowledged this and made the game very closely detailed. From the logos on each car to the time it takes for a racing line to dry, this game really hit all the subtleties. Very impressed.

=Games for Windows Live nightmare inbound!
If you've been pretty far around the PC gaming block you already fucking know what I'm talking about. Yes, this game uses GFWL. No, it's not optional. Unlike DiRT 2 which withheld achievements and online mode, this game goes one extra step for GFWL and does not even allow you to save your progress without this god-awful program installed.
Having said that, GFWL games are always pretty well polished when it comes to controller support, which is a big plus for people like me who use a 360-for-windows controller.

-Disappointing AI
Codemasters, what the fuck happened? Did you finish making GRID and then set the studio ablaze, losing all your progress in AI? There are no random spins in the game, and the AI has a tendency to do a very long rubber-banding type of issue. For instance, near the beginning of the game I seemed to qualify extraordinarially high up in the grid, almost the top five every single race. (In a car which I was expected to qualify in 18th in) Then during the actual race, I would be passed by about twelve cars as soon as the race started. What the fuck? Another problem is the lack of crashes. The only crashes in the game are the pre-choreographed crashes. By that I mean there will always be a car spun backwards on the fifth corner of Silverstone on lap 27. Don't believe me? Go buy the game. Prove me wrong. Every. Single. Time.

tl;dr
Great game with amazing physics, graphics and details, weighted down by extremely low-quality Opponents. Buy on a Steam sale for $20, maybe.

Bad Company 2 : Vietnam DLC
You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads Bc2vietnam_klein

+Super Immersive, very well balanced fun
The expansion is very well balanced, just like the original battlefield: Vietnam game was. I was concerned that the lack of smoke screen would make it a sniper hellhole, but the insane amount of vegetation in the maps mean that snipers are still kept reasonably at bay. The soundtrack is also very immersive, containing two songs from Vietnam and a bunch of Original composed stuff by DICE, which has a very 70s vibe to them. Even the loading screens are immersive, with a radio broadcaster talking about the history behind each map.

=Swearing has been toned down from the original game?
Oddly enough, it seems like there's less "SHIT WE GOT A FUCKING SHOOTER UP THERE SOMEWHERE FUCK ME FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT EAT THAT SHIT MOTHERFUCKER" from the original Bad Company 2. There's still some swearing, but if you're Christian maybe you'll like this more than Vanilla BC2!
... Probably not. Oh well. Interesting thing to note.

-No single player campaign
Okay, it's probably asking for a lot from a $15 expansion. But come on, how fucking AWESOME would a Vietnam Campaign mode be? Seriously! I can't be the only one that thinks this.

what's the catch
Great Expansion, definitely worth the $15 they're charging for it. It might seem steep, but I already have about 20 hours into this thing. Totally worth it.

Pielikey
Pielikey
Admin

Power Level : 1
Level : 1337 Administrator

https://piesplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads Empty Re: You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads

Post by Svenne Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Review EP3 beta 1.65 for NFS4 please. Don't forget to install the new 3D setup if you're not using a compatible system.
Svenne
Svenne

Power Level : 0

Back to top Go down

You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads Empty Re: You guessed it I'm reviewing more shit nobody reads

Post by Pielikey Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:29 pm

D: have to login and crap

want to make a mirror on Dropbox or something for me or should I just register
Pielikey
Pielikey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Svenne Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:06 pm

You shouldn't have to register. Here's a link to the section itself: http://www.team-ger.org/nuke6.5/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2
Svenne
Svenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Svenne Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Hello?
Svenne
Svenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:41 am

I read it. Sad
Jesus
Jesus

Level : 32 Religious Figure

Back to top Go down

Post by le1ca Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm

requesting that pie reviews the penumbra series and/or amnesia: the dark descent
le1ca
le1ca

Power Level : 11
Level : 50 level questioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pielikey Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 pm

not in a billion million years
Pielikey
Pielikey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:31 am

Amnesia is soo good though.
Jesus
Jesus

Level : 32 Religious Figure

Back to top Go down

Post by le1ca Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 pm

ynot uscared?
le1ca
le1ca

Power Level : 11
Level : 50 level questioner

Back to top Go down

Post by DShiznit Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 am

There's an Ep3 beta?
DShiznit
DShiznit

Power Level : 5
Level : 1 Minecraft Hater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down