Pies place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town

5 posters

Go down

Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town Empty Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town

Post by Pielikey Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town 59080_108545535873820_100001551233487_71668_2258543_n
Deprive your Dignity as a gamer today!

OKAY OKAY OKAY I CAN FEEL THE FLAMES FROM HERE AND THEY BURN

I decided to try a Facebook game. Why? I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I decided to set two rules about it, though. First, it would not be something by the money-fuckers that are Zynga. Second, it had to be about cars, or something else I did not hate. So after I set up a fake account and zipped through the simple tutorial and sacrificed a newborn goat I was on my way to testing out the "oh-so-addicting" games from the Farmville bucket. What did I learn? Absolutely fucking nothing. But at least I had a bit of fun.

What I liked:
+FAAAAAAAAAABULOUS car designing

You can use the ingame car designing software, which is essentially Windows Paint with only a paintbrush option, or you can download the template for a car and use it in an image editing software of your choice. This proves to be severely addicting and quite a bit of fun perfecting small micro-machine versions of actual cars. The cars range from anywhere between a Toyota Prius and a Mclaren F1. This also, however, appears to be the only thing "addicting" about the game.

+More Free than the competition!

Unlike almost every other "lol free" game I've seen, literally everything in this game can be achieved without real world money. It's completely possible to buy every single car and every ridiculous object without dropping a single real-world dime.

What was Blarg-and-Targe:
= Laggy and Memory-leak tastic

Normally this would be a con, but it's still technically in beta (and also free) so I'll let it slide.
= You actually need "Friends"
They don't even need to play the game, but if you want to actually play the game at all, you need to have friends. Being on a second account and all, I was pretty much friend-less. I started adding completely random people and it seemed to make the game a bit better.

The Shit:
-Almost a textbook definition of a grind

You set the game up with a specific task, ranging anywhere between 2 minutes and 72 hours, and then you go away. Really? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but why am I getting rewarded for not playing the game? And I'm serious, this is the only way to get any serious Experience points once you get past maybe level 12.

-It's a Facebook game

Like Farmville, there are a lot of reasons not to play games on facebook. Maybe you play games because you want to get away from your social life, or maybe you don't want to become "That Guy". You know, "That Guy" who plays Farmville and feels the need to tell EVERYONE about how he just found a baby turtle on his farm and it needs a home, despite nobody else playing it.

Drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll pshh:
The only thing this game has going for it is that you can spend time creating custom graphics for a bunch of Micro-Machine versions of cars. And you know what? That might just be enough to justify trying out the game. If you think it is, give the game a shot. However, I really, really, can't blame you if you hate this game or are already prejudice against Facebook games.

-"Pielikey" Gordon
Is ashamed to have the game running in another tab as I write this
Pielikey
Pielikey
Admin

Power Level : 1
Level : 1337 Administrator

https://piesplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town Empty Re: Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town

Post by Jesus Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:14 am

Fuck that.
Jesus
Jesus

Level : 32 Religious Figure

Back to top Go down

Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town Empty Re: Pie goes off the fucking deep end and Reviews : Car Town

Post by DShiznit Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm gonna make a goatse-mobile and troll people...
DShiznit
DShiznit

Power Level : 5
Level : 1 Minecraft Hater

Back to top Go down

Post by Svenne Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 am

DShiznit wrote:I'm gonna make a goatse-mobile and troll people...
Fuck yes.
Svenne
Svenne

Power Level : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Pielikey Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 am

has it ever occurred to you that nobody reads your posts
Pielikey
Pielikey
Admin

Level : 1337 Administrator

https://piesplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfig Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 am

PROBUILDER YOUR HUMOR IS FUCKING HILARIOUS
THAT IS THE MOST CLEVER RESPONSE I HAVE EVER GODDAMN SEEN

11/10 WILL READ AGAIN
Sigfig
Sigfig

Level : 1 enemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down